|Written by Bronny|
Just wanting some tips about the winter trends what women are going to be wearing. Whats the essential must have pieces! And if you have any great tips for looking fabulous on a budget after all we're in a recession! Thanks a heap any help would be greatly appreciated.
What a fun assignment! Well letís see three questions here, letís split them up:
1. What are the Winter trends this season?
- Firstly boots are still in, I was at a fashion event this weekend gone and everywhere I looked I saw boots. Big boots, long boots, boots over the knee, boots on the knee, heeled boots, flat boots. I donít think they ever go out of fashion. Every woman should have a pair of boots in the cupboard.
- The trenchcoat is a big look as well, always a great item to have in the closet, fashion seems to be getting practical now that the dollar means everything, colorful trenches are all the rage.
- ruffled shirts look gorgeous, again in bright colors which will warm your winters day, these have a French feel to them and look luxurious in silky materials.
- printed TShirt, grab yourself a T with a print on the front, then team this with a deconstructed denim jacket which is also heading back into fashion, this is great for a day relaxing with a pair of cargos.
- jeans, always in, skinnies are still in style and so is the boyfriend jean and high waister!
- clashing colors! Don't be afraid to experiment with different colors, think Pucci!
2. What are the essential must have pieces for women this Winter!
In looking at essentials I think you need to drill down to what you definitely need always in your wardrobe rather than following fads, these items are:
- winter beanie, scarf
- good pair of boots, flat or heeled depending on what you prefer
- several pairs of jeans
- woollen jumper or vest
- long sleeved dress ie: the wrap
- winter jacket, the trench never goes out of style and has made a comeback in bright colors this season
3. And if you have any great tips for looking fabulous on a budget after all we're in a recession?
Whilst some would feel it is hard to look good on a budget I would disagree. Youíll start to notice Vintage will come back in over the next couple of years as people look to find that perfect item for the perfect price. Scour EBay stores, second hand shops and opshops. Go into shops you wouldnít normally frequent and look for good copies of clothes you might have seen on the runway, everything is usually a copy handed down from each level of the industry to finally the very cheap shops. Finally, dig out your old items and think about how they could be changed or adapted to fit with now, this is where a tailor could come in handy in updating an item rather than buying new. Last but not least, swap with your friends! A wardrobe shared is a wardrobe doubled. Have a week on a week off with favorite items and be prepared to lend out your faves to get others faves back!
Hope all this helps
|"Money has nothing to do with being stylish. It's about being born with that inner eye and having the confidence to convey a sense of yourself outwardly. You can't buy that. It's genetic." Sarah Mower, Fashion Journalist|